Monday 11 May 2009

How to Finish Strong

"If you believe in youself and know what you want your gonna make it happen, make it happen, and if your getting on your knees at night and pray to the Lord he's gonna make it happen, make it happen" Mariah Carey

Many people want things in life but they do not want it bad enough, if they did they would be willing to do whatever good things they need to do to make it happen, they would be willing to endure till the end. I have found that in my life I had to endure with studying my BA degree, the glory part was the graduation and the success of having the degree but it took hard work, dedication, commitment and consistency to arrive at the graduation stage and now I am able to enjoy my success. I am sure that you have overcome some struggles and been victorious, I want to encourage you to never give up and to not settle for second best in your life. Maybe you are just about to complete your book but your getting stressed and can not be bothered anymore...don't quit work harder. Below are some tips on how you can finish strong.

1
) Be Ambitious: In order to finish your exams, degree, coursework, to overcome past hurts, to get a promotion in work, in order for you not to give up in life when the going gets tough you need to begin by having a mental view of what you want to achieve, you need to be ambitious. Ambition is about having a passion, goals, dreams and aspirations, a desire for success and wanting the good things in life that life has to offer. I encourage you to write out your ambitions and put them on your wall if need be to remind yourself of what you want to achieve - this will make you become a winner, this will make you determined to complete the good work you have started. If you forget your goals then you will forget the reason why you need to work harder and you'll see now point of fighting to cross the finish line.

2) Remind yourself of the rewards: So you want to get a new car, perhaps your saving up for it right now and your close to having the exact money you need to buy the car and all of a sudden the temptation comes for you to go on a shopping spree...resist the urge, write a list of the benefits that you will achieve through buying your dream car, for example 'A new car will lift my confidence', 'I will be able to go anywhere I want to in the comfort of my own car', 'I will have the car of my dreams', 'I won't need to rely on public transport anymore'. You see...your now beginning to realise that the benefits out way the urge to go shopping...clothes and shoes will always come and go but a car is so valuable so don't trade your chance of having a car for a short lived shopping spree. Be determined to finish strong and gain your true reward.

3) Have faith:
In order to complete a task, a mission, a chore you need to have faith that you can do it, it all starts in the mind. In order to succeed in your business or if you want to run a marathon and get to the finish line successfully, then you need to begin to change your thinking...believe that you can do it, you need to believe that you are able. Ask yourself 'what is preventing me from being as determined as I want to be in my life?' Is it people? Is it my friends? Is it negative thinking? Is it my past failures? Well if you want to succeed then you need to make small changes for good results. Start by surrounding yourself with like-minded people, people who encourage you, practice faith and belief. Speak like a winner; say things like 'I can make it', 'I will win', 'I am determined to succeed', 'I will finish strong'. If you keep it up and keep it up and keep it up and keep it up...eventually you will MAKE IT HAPPEN. Congratulations :-)



:-)
Best wishes. Queen Chioma

No comments:

Post a Comment